Wednesday, January 11, 2006

O Kathryne! My Kathryne!

15
It’s Kathryne’s 15th birthday today! From the birthday girl’s perspective, 15 isn’t one of the milestone teen ages, like 13, 16, and 18. Kathryne shrugs and says, “I don’t feel any different.” To Sarah and me, it seems more significant, probably because it is a decade-and-a-half.

When you’re 40 (me, not Sarah), fifteen years is not long, yet the year Kathryne was born was another lifetime. I didn’t come into Kathryne’s life until about four years ago, but she has changed my life dramatically. If you know Kathryne, you know that she is kind, warm-hearted, hilarious, loyal, beautiful, and faithful. She inspires me, and I am a better person because of her presence in my life. My prayer is that someday she will be able to say the same thing about me.

Happy birthday, Sweetheart!

No comments: