Monday, May 08, 2006

Holland's Day



Well, Holland's first year has almost passed us. We had a party for her yesterday, and she really enjoyed herself. After the first few tentative looks around at the "crowd", she decided to grin from ear to ear most of the afternoon. She snarfed her cake (pumpkin muffins), ripped open presents and played in her new sandbox. Thank you to everyone who shared the day with us.

It hasn't been an easy year by any means. And yes, I would change a few things if I could. But overall it's been positive. Holland is healthy, intelligent, spunky, vocal, happy, and lots of fun. We won't talk about all the sleepless nights, breastfeeding pains, all the messy diapers and sticky hands. She is so much fun, a great companion to take around town and share the day with. I love taking her to Trader Joe's or Ralph's; she gets so many comments about her pretty eyes or lovely hair. I think she's going to be a tomboy though, she just doesn't seem very frilly yet. I wouldn't mind her being more delicate, she loves to slap things and hit drums and tables, she's very scratchy. Almost like a little lion cub. She doesn't know her own strength.

Predictions for the year: she's already walking, so I see running and jumping coming soon. She can follow directions already, so I look forward to having her help me pick up toys soon. Hopefully we will expand her menu, get her to eat more new foods, possibly nurse a little less (give me a break...), learn to hold her own sippy cup without spilling all the liquid and playing in it, and finish teething.

I'm going to post a photo of me when I was about her age and you guys can compare us. It's almost eerie how we look alike.

I love you my baby Holland, keep growing strong and healthy. I can't wait to hear what you have to say about us all!

Love, MOM

No comments: